First Freewill Baptist Church, Circa 1859 (National Historic Register)
Site #1 Designated November 7, 1989
Organized in 1840 as the first Freewill Baptist Church in the Wisconsin Territory, its congregation built the church in 1859, the center of early Yankee settlement. The church was organized and built by Rev. Rugus Cheney and Quincy Church. The church has been restored to its original state after it was almost completely destroyed by an arson fire in 1985. It is registered on the National Register of Historic Places.