Street Repair

The City of New Berlin funds road repair and reconstruction projects through state and federal grants, county funds, and city-wide taxes. Individual homeowners are not assessed for street repairs in front of their property.

Minor repairs and patching of the roadways is completed by the Streets Department to prolong the life of the roadway. If you see a pothole or other roadway issue, please contact the Streets Department at 262-780-4609.

Similar to plowing operations, Waukesha County maintains the following County Roads:

Beloit Rd

College Ave.

Cleveland Ave.

Janesville Rd.

Lawnsdale Rd.

Moorland Rd.

National Ave.

Racine Ave.

If you notice a pothole on a County maintained roadway, please contact the Waukesha County Highway Department at 262-548-7736 or utilize the “Report a Road Issue” button on the County’s website (****Link to

Large scale projects such as road reconstruction or repaving projects are contracted out to local construction companies and are managed by our Engineering Department. For any questions on large scale roadway projects, including road projects planned this year or in the future, please contact the Engineering Department at 262-797-2445.